Update Video Details
You can update details for a video after you've uploaded it. The only things you can't change are the video ID, the content of the video, and the watermark. This guide walks through two ways you can make an update - programmatically and through the dashboard.
Update video details
When you update details about your video, you can choose from a wide variety of settings. Choices include:
- playerId - Add a player you want to associate with your video.
- title - Update or add a title to your video.
- description - Update or add a description of the contents of your video.
- public - Whether your video is public or private.
- panoramic - Whether the video is 360 degree / immersive.
- mp4Support - Whether the player supports the mp4 format.
- tags - A comma-separated list of words you want to use to tag the video.
- metadata - An array of dictionaries where each dictionary contains a key:value pair that describes the video.
To update details about a video, use this code sample:
Update video details with your dashboard
If you don't want to send an API request with code, you can update video details from your dashboard. Do the following:
Open your dashboard.
From the menu on the left, choose Videos. A pop-up containing information about how to embed your video appears. The video ID is included in the embed link at the end (you'll need to strip the rest of the URL to use it, though). You can also continue to the details screen for the video.
From the upper right of the pop-up, click See details. You'll land on the details screen for your video, and the video ID appears at the top, above the video.
Was this page helpful?